By Sally Mays
- 1. Solitaire (2008), John Carmichael, grade 6, c.1'55
- 2. Uncle Grumpy (1957), Barry Anderson, grade 7, c.1'44
- 3. Nostalgia (2010), Helen Gifford, grade 8, c.1'30
- 4. Insistent Bird (1992), Miriam Hyde, grade 5, c.1'10
- 5. Blue Sky Through Still Trees (1999), Don Kay, grade 8, c.2'35
- 6. Stilt Dance (2022), Frank Millward, grade 7, c.2'35
- 7. Floating (1993), Lawrence Whiffin, grade 7, c.2'40
- Solitaire - sheet msuic - audio
- Uncle Grumpy - sheet msuic - audio
- Nostalgia - sheet msuic - audio
- Insistent Bird - sheet msuic - audio
- Blue Sky Through Still Trees - sheet msuic - audio
- Stilt Dance - sheet msuic - audio
- Floating - sheet msuic - audio
By John Carmichael
| Chamber music by John Carmichael. In this recording, melody and thematic material are the starting points in the process of creating a well wrought musical structure designed to engage the interest of the listener.
In the words of the composer, “Music has always been for me an escape into a fantasy world where imagined landscapes, images and adventures engage and delight, so the portmanteau title ‘Escapades’ for this disc can serve to encompass all the works therein".
Escapades is performed by Sylvie Leprohon flute, Stephen Robinson oboe, Antony Gray piano.