By Carolyn Morris
Suitable for advanced players. The four movements of this wind quintet include a lively opening Allegro con brio, followed by a syncopated and light-hearted Bossa Nova, an expressive and serene Pastorale and a vibrant and energetic Vivace finale.Composed in 2010
Audio performed by: Claire Nicholson flute, Carolyn Morris oboe, Rina D'Cruz clarinet, Tom Campbell horn, Linda Pearson bassoon.
- Allegro con brio - sheet music and audio
- Bossa Nova - sheet music and audio
- Pastorale - sheet music and audio
- Finale - sheet music and audio
By Tony Wheeler
This piece is in two sections, Prelude and Dance. The form is through-composed, most of the melodic writing is modal, and much of the harmonic material is a result of the lateral movement of the individual parts. Though it is written primarily for players at intermediate level, it will nevertheless be rewarding for players of more advanced ability. Composed 2017.
By Nigel Butterley
Available on CD From a Bridge of Dreams (Wirr 005) performed by Emma Knott (flute) and David Miller (piano); also within an album of sheet music by the same title with 22 flute works.
By Nigel Butterley
ISMN M720065410$20.00 for instant PDF download score and parts
By May Howlett
The flute is an instrument that lends itself to many moods. These short pieces aim to capture several of these, from light and bouncy to sustained and sexy.
Recorded on the CDs Flute Odyssey (Wirr 016) and "Celebrating May" (Wirr 058) by Emma Knott and David Miller available online
- 1. Thermals - sheet music
- 1. Thermals - audio, c.3'00
- 2. Mistral - sheet music
- 2. Mistral - audio, c.2'40
- 3. Ah! Sirocco - sheet music
- 3. Ah! Sirocco - audio, c.4'00
By May Howlett
This popular suite was first composed for flute and piano and has now the cello companion. Both instruments lend themselves to the many moods of the winds. These short pieces aim to capture several of these, from light and bouncy to sustained and sexy!
- 1. Thermals - sheet music, c.3'00
- 2. Mistral - sheet music, c.2'40
- 3. Ah! Sirocco - sheet music, c.4'00
By Vivien Arnold
By Harry Sdraulig
Though conceived as a gentle and often meditative piece, Winter has moments of both sunlight and shadow. The title carries no specific programmatic significance, but the overall journey of the work can be likened to a winter stroll through the woods, with many twists and turns along the way. The flute and cello converse and interact in bi-modal conversation throughout, at times with considerable passion, but eventually achieve solitude in a soft and peaceful conclusion.
Hard copy purchase includes two scores.
By Alan Hinde
Solo piano, c.7'15. Advanced grade
By Miriam Hyde
Words by Miriam Hyde. Composed 1954
By Brennan Keats
The dedications below encapsulate the contents of this book about the origins and formation of the publishing house Wirripang that can now claim to be the largest publisher of Australian sheet music in the world.
To my darling wife Anne (Annie), the driving force behind the not inconsiderable achievements of Wirripang.
To Wirripang, born of blood, tears and sweat; you rise, soar and glide on the rich winds of dedication, passion and love of all things cultural, high in a rarified atmosphere above an abused, tired and war-torn planet.
Both Anne and Brennan Keats were raised with a strong sense of the value of Australian culture. Anne, the product of country parents who later embraced the richness of city living yet retained a strong sense of country values, that included a great pride of Australia and all things Australian.
Brennan whose parents were both professional musicians had instilled in him from an early age the value of music from a deeply cultural viewpoint, yet at the same time it was made clear to him that music would not be his profession.
Both parents left their respective children a legacy; in the case of Anne a strong work ethic and as stated love of country; in the case of Brennan a considerable collection of music, some being unpublished because the publishers of the day looked not to its cultural value but rather to the money it would generate them.
Over the years both offspring, albeit unconsciously, gradually worked to combining their respective legacies to form an enterprise that would publish music of cultural value with a view to bringing it before a discerning public, as well as ensuring that it would not be lost to future generations. This is their story. There were tears spilt by them; there were many late nights and early mornings; there were ghosts; there are examples of dedication to their art by some who have become the strongest of friends and remain with Wirripang to the present day, and above all and in us all a passion for Australian culture.
By Various Composers
Grades 1- 4.
21 piano works by Australian Composers 2011.
Especially written and selected for this album as edited by Katie Zhukov and it includes a CD of each work recorded by Katie Zhukov. See also Book 2 (Grades 5-7) and Book 3 (Grades 8 to Dip)
Many works now on the ANZCA Syllabus
1. Pentatonic Pauline - Paul Paviour, c.0'58
2. Raindrops on the Window - Jocelyn Kotchie, c.0'53
3. Ball Games - Squash - Diana Blom, c.0'48
4. La Señorita - Colin Brumby, c.0'48
5. On A Pond - Amanda Handel, c.0'55
6. At Sundown - Amanda Handel, c.1'00
7. A Flourish of Trumpets - Phillip Wilcher, c.0'56
8. Nick Nack Paddywack - Paul Paviour, c.0'56
9. Lullaby - Phillip Wilcher, c.1'28
10. The tightrope walker - Jennifer Trynes, c.2'03
11. Circus Invention - Jocelyn E Kotchie, c.0'49
12. Little Interlude for Billy - Andrew Schultz, c.2'20
13. The Afghans - Stephen O'Connell, c.2'06
14. Sunday at St Stephens - Mark Matthews, c.2'04
15. Tip-Toe Tango - Jocelyn E Kotchie, c.1'10
16. Ball Games - Table Tennis - Diana Blom, c.0'56
17. Mistique - Mark Matthews, c.2'09
18. Ball Games - Basketball - Diana Blom, c.1'29
19. Rondino - Colin Brumby, c.1'42
20. A Quiet Obsession - John Peterson, c.1'15
21. Oracle - Mark Matthews, c.2'09
Pentatonic Pauline - sheet music and audio
- Raindrops on the Windows - sheet music and audio
- Ball Games - Squash - sheet music and audio
- La Señorita - sheet music and audio
- On a Pond - sheet music and audio
- At Sundown - sheet music and audio
- A Flourish of Trumpets - sheet music and audio
- Nick Nack Paddywack - sheet music and audio
- Lullaby - sheet music and audio
- The tightrope walker - sheet music and audio
- Circus Invention - sheet music and audio
- Little Interlude for Billy - sheet music and audio
- The Afghans - sheet music and audio
- Sunday at St Stephens - sheet music and audio
- Tip-Toe Tango - sheet music and audio
- Ball Games - Table Tennis - sheet music and audio
- Mistique - sheet music and audio
- Ball Games - Basketball - sheet music and audio
- Rondino - sheet music and audio
- A Quiet Obsession - sheet music and audio
- Oracle - sheet music and audio